Adrenaline lovers, thrill seekers, lend me your ears. If you haven’t jumped out of a plane, or even if you have, a tandem jump with Skydive Oregon in Molalla needs to be on your “must” list. And here are 3 reasons why.
- Skydive Oregon has been helping people take the leap since 1988. That’s almost 30 years of experience (and happy jumpers).
- You’ll get more air time. Jumps occur at 13,000 feet (that’s 3,000 feet higher than many companies), which will give you almost a full minute of freefall at 120mph before your 5-7 minute parachute ride back down to reality. When weather allows, they even have an 18,000-foot option for 1.5 minutes of freefall! That jump comes with oxygen, so you know it’s intense.
- Skydive Oregon has invested in large planes, which equal more fun with more friends…and more wiggle room and comfort.
Know before you go:
- Plan on approximately 3-4 hours for weekday jumps and 4-5 hours on weekends. This time includes check-in, classroom training and your group’s jump time. You will most likely make some new friends, since Skydive Oregon can accommodate multiple jumpers in a class.
- You must be in good shape and weigh less than 230lbs if you’re a man and less than 200lbs if you’re a woman.
- Make sure to bring a valid government-issued photo ID to prove you are at least 18 years old.
If that leaves you wanting more, Skydive Oregon’s experienced instructors can help you build up to your own solo skydive in an extensive training program.
After an adrenaline-rushing day, take time to unwind. Rest your head in one of Mt. Hood Territory’s area hotels.