Wooden Shoe Tulip Festival signals the arrival of spring in Oregon's Mt. Hood Territory with news feeds across the globe filling up with gorgeous photos of friends and family in front of tulips, tractors and on a clear day, Mt. Hood in the background... which makes our hearts happy. The festival is the annual event put on by family owned Wooden Shoe Tulip Farm. Owner Barb Iverson continues to up the ante each year with new activities, so the fun is always growing as fast as the flowers.
The festival offers endless rows of tulips in numerous varieties and colors over its 40 acres of dream-like beauty, plus an abundance of fun activities, food carts and the Tulip Market. Their large gift shop has a huge selection of souvenirs and a wide assortment of tulip bulbs for you to plant in your own yard. If you can’t decide while at the festival, you can shop their online catalog once you are back home.
Go midweek for the win: Mark your calendars and head to the festival to experience this amazing scene for yourself, taking place March 20–May 3 this year. Weekends have become incredibly popular, so we encourage you to follow our lead and visit during the week for smaller crowds and better photo ops. Utilize the helpful links below to plan ahead for the best experience for your group.
- Daily midweek activities: Enjoy the glorious tulip fields and beds, gardens, tram and hay wagon rides, children's play area, cow train, field train, onsite food and coffee, vineyard tasting room, craft market vendors, tulip market and greenhouse.
- Weekend activity additions: Watch the wooden shoemaking demonstrations, all craft market vendors, tulip and cow meet and greets, wine wagon farm tour (21+) and other activities listed in the weather dependent category below.
- Weather dependent: Some activities and offerings are only available in good weather, such as the steam tractor demonstrations, local balloon artists, pony rides, jump tents and hot air balloons, so check their Field Report page and save the link to check back for new information daily. Check their Facebook page for more updates. Call the Hot Air Balloon Hotline to check their status every morning at 503-877-4693.
- Vineyard: The Wooden Shoe Vineyards Tasting Room is open seven days a week, 10am–4pm. The newly renovated space is great to sample a flight or purchase a wine sippy cup from the gift shop, so you can sample your wine without spilling while navigating the fields.
- Parking: $5 per person, $20 per vehicle max (regardless of the number of people in your vehicle) midweek. $8 per person, $30 per vehicle max on weekends. Check their page for all rate details.
- Get the season pass or photographers pass for early and easy access.
The photogenic fields and vineyard are a wonderful place for a family and friend get-together or a romantic stroll with your sweetie no matter what the weather brings. The colors are always awe-inspiring and the atmosphere is inspirational. Be sure to use #omht on your trip's social shares, so we can follow along.
The Wooden Shoe Tulip Farm is located 33814 S Meridian Rd in Woodburn, between Canby and Molalla. Map it.